Global ENERGY Leadership
One of the leading energy providers in the world, the GDF SUEZ group of companies is active across the entire energy value chain, in electricity and natural gas, upstream to downstream.
People around the world trust the GDF SUEZ group of companies, one of the world’s largest corporations. With annual revenues of nearly $110B, we rank as the world’s No. 1 leader in independent power production. The GDF SUEZ group of companies employs 214,000 people throughout the world in 2010.
- 68.4 GW of installed production capacity; 20 GW of capacity under construction
- 277 TWh of power production in 2008
- 1,200 researchers and experts at nine research and development centers
- No. 1 importer of LNG in the United States, with a fleet of 20 liquid natural gas (LNG) vessels including five under construction
- No. 2 supplier of environmental services in the world
The group is listed on the Brussels, Luxembourg and Paris stock exchanges and is represented in the main international indices: CAC 40, BEL 20, DJ Stoxx 50, DJ Euro Stoxx 50, Euronext 100, FTSE Eurotop 100, MSCI Europe and ASPI Eurozone.
GDF SUEZ in North America
GDF SUEZ Energy North America plays a number of different energy roles within the United States, Mexico and Canada. The company’s interests include electricity generation and cogeneration, natural gas and LNG, renewable energy, asset-based trading and origination, as well as retail energy sales and related services to commercial and industrial customers.
Proven Transparency and Responsibility
The GDF SUEZ group of companies also ranks as one of the Top 10 Most Accountable Global Corporations by Fortune magazine. And our financial stability is proven, with an "A" credit rating by Standard & Poor’s.